Choosing your Frame DrumJan 23, 2022
Choosing your Frame Drum
When choosing a drum, the type of drum head will be a factor to consider. You can choose between synthetic or animal skin. Synthetic drum heads are man made while animal skin drum heads are produced from the hides of animals, typically goat, deer and cows. Ethical or spiritual beliefs can play a role when deciding on the drum.
The main differences
Synthetic Frame Drums:
- are man made
- can be played in all weather conditions without the sound being effected
- are easier to maintain
- are very durable
- have a great consistent sound for drum circles
Animal Skin Drums:
- use the hide of an animal
- people with Shamanic beliefs often drawn to these drums
- work with the energy of the animal
- each drum is unique and sounds different
- have a beautiful warm sound
- the temperature effects the material
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
SPAM is a NO-NO! We will never sell your information, for any reason.