Sound Healing Practitioner - Nina Hakamies - Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
Nina grew up with classical music in her native Finland where she played the violin and sang in choirs, starting at a young age. Sound has always accompanied her in her travels around the world, and in 2021 she graduated as a sound healing practitioner from the Sound Healing Academy. Despite being fluent in four languages, sound and music have been the greatest language and bridge that have allowed her to connect with others in the most extraordinary ways. Nina lives permanently in Australia’s Central Victoria where she offers sound healing sessions, yoga & mindfulness classes and nature walks for both individuals and groups. She currently uses singing bowls, gongs, chimes, drums and the voice as part of her main offerings; this will expand to include other instruments in the future, such as the harp and monochord.
Nina is a yoga and mindfulness facilitator and a public & mental health professional, with over 20 years of experience in bringing health and wellbeing tools to individuals, community groups, organisations and businesses. In addition to working with 1:1 clients in sound healing, she specialises in workplace wellbeing and programs for the corporate, academic, public and not-for profit sectors. One of her recent highlights is working with the veteran community members who experienced first-hand the positive effects of sound and vibration in relation to stress and tinnitus.
In her work, Nina incorporates elements of sound, silence, breath, mindfulness, meditation and yoga to awaken our innate ability to heal and transform. Nature is a great source of inspiration and you will often hear Nina say “Silence is golden, speaking is silver” which has a special reference to her Nordic heritage, deeply rooted in nature, mythology and spirituality.
Nina’s professional achievements that have most shaped her personality and touched her heart include:
- Sound Healing Practitioner Diploma 1:1, Sound Healing Academy, UK.
- Mindfulness for Health Professionals with Prof. Craig Hassed (OAM), Monash University, Australia.
- Hatha/Iyengar/Sivananda/Ashtanga/Knoff yoga, worldwide.
- Yoga to the RSL veteran community, Bendigo, Australia.
- Living and working at the UN/World Health Organization, Sri Lanka.
- Vipassana meditation, Australia.
- Peer-coaching facilitation training, TeamUp/Asian Leadership Institute, Australia & Thailand.
- Master’s degree in public health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK.
- Volunteering in a rural hospital in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Member of the Castlemaine Collective to promote wellbeing for the local community, Australia.
Nina’s work is continuously inspired by the people who share her deep desire to co-create an amazing life on our planet and to raise our consciousness together. She would love to hear from you to continue with this co-creation.
Level 1 Foundations of Integral Sound Healing (Multi Instrument)
Level 2: Practitioner Diploma in Integral Sound Healing Multi-Instrument Course (1-2-1 Clients)